Changes in other details of branches
File the other changed details of the branch immediately with the Finnish Trade Register.
We have separate instructions on how to change the details about persons. Go to the instructions: Changes in the details concerning persons and bodies of a branch.
On this page, you will find information on the following:
- Who can file
- How to file your notification in the online service at ytj.fi
- How to file your notification using paper forms
- What documents need to be enclosed
- What to do if you do not have a Finnish personal identity code
- Monitor the progress of your notification
Who can file
The notification is signed by a person representing the branch, a person who has the right to sign the company name or by an authorised person. Read more about how to sign in the online service at ytj.fi.Open link in a new tab
The representative of the branch or the person entitled to sign the company name of the branch can authorise someone outside the branch to file the notification. Read more about how to grant authorisation in the online service at ytj.fi. Open link in a new tab
How to file your notification in the online service at ytj.fi
You can file your notification using the online service at ytj.fi. Please note that the service is only available in Finnish and Swedish. Filing online at ytj.fi is usually cheaper than using paper forms, and the notifications filed in the service are processed faster.
Please note: you can only file notifications of other changes in the online service at ytj.fi. You should use our online form to file changed details about persons. Go to the instructions: Changes in the details concerning persons and bodies of a branch.
To log in to the service, you need to have a Finnish personal identity code and additionally one of the following: personal internet banking codes, a mobile certificate, or an electronic identity card (HST card). What to do if you do not have a Finnish personal identity code.
Log in to the online service at ytj.fi and select “Muuta yrityksen tietoja tai lähetä tilinpäätös" or “Ändra företagets uppgifter eller skicka in bokslut" on the front page.
The online service at ytj.fi will help you fill in the notification of changes. Fill in the requested details and add the required documents (see “What documents need to be enclosed" below).
When you file in the online service at ytj.fi, the service automatically calculates the handling fee for you. After the notification has been signed, you can pay the fee using your internet banking codes or by credit card.
How to file your notification using paper forms
You can also file your notification using our paper forms.
You need Form Y4 and Appendix Form 14, and possibly our Personal Data Form. Before you start, read our instructions (in Finnish or Swedish) on how to fill in Form Y4 at ytj.fi. Open link in a new tab
Form Y4 is bilingual (English and Finnish) and Personal Data Form is in English. They can be sent to us. Appendix Form 14, on the other hand, has to be sent either in Finnish or in Swedish.
Save the forms to your computer before filling them in.
- Open: Form Y4 in English (pdf, 0.3 MB) and Finnish (pdf, 0.3 MB).
- Open: Appendix Form 14 in Finnish (pdf, 0.7 MB).
- Open: Appendix Form 14 in Swedish (pdf, 0.8 MB).
- Open: Personal Data Form in English (pdf, 708.5 kt).
Please note: use the Personal Data Form to file personal identification details with the Finnish Trade Register. Do not include personal identity codes or home addresses on any other notification forms.
Form Y4 is signed by the representative of the branch or the person entitled to sign the company name of the branch, or by someone authorised by that person. If an authorised person signs the form, enclose a certified copy of a special power of attorney, or the original general power of attorney.
Send the forms, receipt for the handling fee, and the other required documents (see “What documents need to be enclosed" below) by post. The address can be found on Form Y.
What documents need to be enclosed
Enclose the following documents with your notification:
- Receipt for the handling fee if you file your notification on paper. See "Price".
- Translation into Finnish or Swedish if you enclose a document in a foreign language.
- If you file a notification on changes in the line of business , enclose evidence of the trader's line of business.
Please note: do not include any documents that contain personal identity codes, home addresses, or other confidential details (such as health details or business secrets).
Notifications free of charge
The branch can submit a notification of changes free of charge, if all of the following conditions are met:
- The trader of the branch is a limited-company-type company.
- The trader’s place of registered office is in a member state of the European Union.
- The notification does not concern an auxiliary company name.
For all branches it is free of charge to change the address and contact details or to file financial statements.
Notifications subject to a fee
Notification of auxiliary company name:
- using the online service at ytj.fi and the online form for an identification method for foreign persons: EUR 60 per auxiliary company name
- using a paper form: EUR 115 per auxiliary company name
Change of line of business:
- using the online service at ytj.fi and the online form for an identification method for foreign persons: EUR 40
- using a paper form: EUR 95
If you use a paper form or the online form for an identification method for foreign persons, make the payment in advance and enclose the receipt with your notification. Read more in our payment instructions.
What to do if you do not have a Finnish personal identity code
If you do not have a Finnish personal identity code you can file your notification of changes for branches in our online form if the following conditions are met:
- You are a citizen of an EU country and you don’t have a Finnish personal identity code.
- You use the means of identification of some other EU country.
File your notification by logging in to the online form “Identification method for foreign persons - Notification to the Finnish Trade Register". When you log in, select the country whose means of identification you use.
After you have logged in, select “Notification of changes for branches" as the matter to be filed. Fill in the company details. Add the notification forms you have filled in (see our instructions above) and other necessary attachments as PDF files. Send.
Monitor the progress of your notification
You can monitor the progress of your notification using the notification search in the Virre Information Service. Go to the notification search in Virre. Open link in a new tab