I have been registered for a position without my consent
These instructions apply to situations where you have been registered for a position in a company, association or foundation without your consent.
Such a position may be, for example, a position as a board member or as an auditor.
If you have been registered for a position without your consent, file a rectification request with the Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) yourself. Another person cannot file it on your behalf.
Filing the rectification request is free of charge.
Please note that these instructions do not concern a notification of own resignation. Go to our instructions on how to file the notification of own resignation free of charge:
- Termination of appointment in companies and notification of own resignation to the Finnish Trade Register
- Termination of appointment in associations and notification of own resignation to the Finnish Register of Associations
- Termination of appointment in foundations (the instructions in Finnish)
- Termination of appointment in foundations (the instructions in Swedish)
How to file the rectification request
Use our online form to file the rectification request. We cannot remove inaccurate information if the request is sent by email without using the form.
To use the online form, you need to have a Finnish personal identity code and either personal internet banking codes, a mobile certificate or an electronic identity card (HST card).
In addition, you need the following information:
- Which of the following your rectification request concerns: company, association or foundation
- Name and Business ID of the company, association or foundation
- Position for which you have been registered without your consent
- Email address to which we will send the information on the processing of the request for rectification
Enclose a separate report explaining the reasons why the registered information about your position is inaccurate, and how it came to light that you were registered for the position without your consent. The report must be in PDF format. Please note that we cannot process the rectification request without the report.
Monitor the progress of your rectification request
After we have removed the inaccurate information from the details of the company, association or foundation, we will send a confirmation to the email address you enter on the online form.
We will process rectification requests as urgent.
See the legislation for more information
Removing inaccurate information from the details of a company, association or foundation is based on Article 16 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679). Go to the EUR-Lex website to read more about the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Open link in a new tab