Scope of the Trade Register’s Advisory Service
In accordance with the Finnish Administrative Procedure Act, we help you with questions related to Trade Register notifications and registration:
- How can I file a notification?
- Which form should I use?
- Which enclosures or documents must accompany my notification?
- How much is the handling fee?
- How is my matter processed and what steps does the processing include?
- What is the status of my notification, who is in charge of the processing and how long is it estimated to take?
- What is the significance and the judicial implications of registration?
What does our Advisory Service not do?
We do not
- draw up documents or fill in forms
- carry out preliminary checks of any forms or their enclosures
- provide general advice in questions related to company law, taxation, or other legal matters.
Furthermore, our advisors cannot anticipate whether a specific notification or application is actually going to succeed. The processing of notifications always takes place in a registration process after the notification has been appropriately filed. For example, the decision on whether a company name can be registered is made during the process once the company name has become pending. Read more about company names.
Where can I get business counselling?
If you need help in other matters concerning starting up a business, such as obtaining a business licence, filing a business notification or analysing the viability of a business idea, you may find it at suomi.fi or at your local Enterprise Agency.
Go to suomi.fi.Open link in a new tab
Go to the Finnish Enterprise Agencies’ website.Open link in a new tab