Notification of termination of business - private traders
You can file notifications online using the service in Finnish or in Swedish provided by the PRH and the Finnish Tax Administration at ytj.fi or using paper notification forms.
Paper notification forms
- Use Form Y6 Open link in a new tabOpen link in a new tab
- Fill in the forms in Finnish or in Swedish.
- The form is signed by the private trader, or by a person he or she has authorised.
Enclosures to be submitted with online notifications or with paper notification forms
- Usually, no accompanying documents are necessary.
- If an authorised person signs the notification on paper, the original general power of attorney or a certified copy of a special power of attorney must be enclosed with the notification.
- The notification is free of charge.
- Submit the notification without delay after closing down.
You can file notifications online using the service in Finnish or in Swedish provided by the PRH and the Finnish Tax Administration at ytj.fi. Go to ytj.fi.Open link in a new tab
Trade Register extract
In order to receive a Trade Register extract after closing down, fill in ‘Person or company (agent) providing the Trade Register with further information‘ in Form Y6, on page 2.
Enterprise mortgages must be either redeemed or, if possible, transferred to the acquiring party or the party continuing the business, before termination of business can be entered in the register.
Company name protection
As soon as the notification of termination has been registered, the company details will be removed from the Trade Register and the protection of the registered company name is no longer in force.
Interruption of business
If you interrupt your business for an unspecified or specified period, the interruption will not be entered in the Trade Register. The Trade Register does not therefore show if the business is currently operating or not. You must however report interruption of business to the Tax Administration by using Form Y6.
Removal of a private trader from the Trade Register
Our office may remove the private trader’s entries from the Trade Register, if the register has received no notifications from the private trader over the last ten years, and there are grounds to assume that the private trader has closed down its business (section 24 of the Trade Register Act). For this purpose, we will contact the tax authority, or enquire by letter to the private trader whether or not he or she is still in business.